Ballymartin Club News Week begining 1st May3 May 2017, 3:10 pm
2017-04-30 BMGAC U-14 Ladies away to BryansFord.jpeg2 MB
to OneDrive - GAASaved to OneDrive - GAA
2017-04-29 BMGAC U14 Eire Og BLITZ_DSC_6800.JPG6 MB
Save to OneDrive - GAASaved to OneDrive - GAA
Ballymartin GAC Club Notes on Sunday 30 April 2017 -
Attached Image: 2017-04-30 BMGAC U-14 Ladies away to BryansFord.jpg
Comments: Ballymartin U-14 Ladies after their victory over Bryansford last Sunday. Ballymartin 5-04 vs. 0-07 Bryansford. (Photo: Liam Quinn)
Attached Image: 2017-04-29 BMGAC U14 Eire Og BLITZ_DSC_6800.JPG
Comments: Eire Og U-14 Lads after their prelims in the an Riocht 7-a-side Blitz last Saturday. The lads were put out of the Shield by St Galls by a point. (Photo: Ballymartin GAC)
Attached Image: 2017-04-29 BMGAC U14 Eire Og Buckley_DSC_6770.jpg
Comments: Eire Og’s U-14 keeper Nathan Buckley comes out to meet the ball and made a great save in the an Riocht 7-a-side Blitz last Saturday. (Photo: Ballymartin GAC)
* Former Senior Ladies player Catherine Logan-Croston has organised a’ Darkness into Light project’ in Kilbroney Park Rostrevor, which will take place on the 6th May 2017 in aid of Pieta House. We would like to encourage all our members and friends to join up with the link on our Facebook Page and get involved in this worthy cause. So please take part, in what will be a fantastic an event, register and let's all get together to support this great cause. Darkness into Light 6th May 2017 Kilbroney Park. If anyone would like to get involved please contact Catherine Logan-Croston or contact the Ballymartin GAC Facebook page and we send your details to Catherine. Register now and join us on the 6th May. http://dil.pieta.ie/event-information/venues/rostrevor
Rostrevor page of Darkness Into Light, Pieta House’s flagship annual fundraising and awareness event.
* Membership is NOW due and can be paid online using Klubfunder.com. Follow the link on our Facebook Page or BallymartinGAA.com. https://www.klubfunder.com/Clubs/Ballymartin/Membership#MembershipOptions
* U-6, U-8 & U-10 will be coaching, every Tuesday evening. All current members and new members welcome. Coaching sessions will take place indoors at St. Columban's College, Kilkeel, every Tuesday evening. U-6 & U-8’s (Primary 1-4) 7.00-8.00pm, U-10’s (Primary 5-7) 8.00-9.00pm. To enable attendance at these sessions and all other club activities, there is a requirement for a membership fee to be paid, as well as completion of a Health Declaration form. Details will be provided at the first coaching session. Parents are also encouraged to assist with coaching and help in any way possible. Please do not hesitate to contact me for clarification/further details on any of the above. Is Mise, Niall Doyle. Email: email@example.com.
* Next Monday 8th May the U-14 lads host Atticall in Glasdrumman with a 19:15 throw-in. Last week the lads lost out to Annaclone 7-10 vs. 6-05 Eire Og. On Saturday morning, the lads took part in the an Riocht 7-a-side Blitz (Picture above). The lads played brilliantly through the morning sessions. After break, the lads got a devastating knock-out by a one point margin to St. Galls. Thanks to an Riocht for their hospitality and the great competitiveness shown via all teams. Big thanks to the organisers and the Referees. This Monday 1 May the U-14 lads hosted Tullylish in Glasdrumman with a 19:15 throw-in.
* On Tuesday 2nd May the Senior Ladies host Downpatrick followed by a Saturday (6th May), trip to Rostrevor. The ladies had a great win away to Saval on Tuesday 25th. Playing against a strong wind in the first half the Ballymartin girls held off an equally strong Saval team with some great defending and good attacking play. At the half Ballymartin 2-01 vs. 0-06 Saval. For the second half, the Ballymartin ladies piled on the pressure creating good scoring chances. Great team performance by all. Final score: Saval 0-08 vs. 3-10 Ballymartin.
* On Thursday Thu, 4th May the U-16 Eire Og lads host Annaclone @Pats Road with a 19:30 throw-in. Last week the lads came away with a super win, when they hosted Burren; Eire Og 5-08 vs. 0-02 Burren.
* On Friday 5th May in the Down GAA All County Football League Div2, Ballymartin are hosting Drumaness with a 19:30 throw-in. Last week’s away match against Carryduff was tough to watch; Carryduff 3-15 vs. 0-10 Ballymartin.
* Last Sunday in the South Down Reserve Football League; the Ballymartin lads made the trek to Annaclone and played the field, to leave with a one point defeat: Annaclone 4-07 vs. 3-09 Ballymartin. The next match is set for 14th May at home to St John Bosco with a 14:00 throw-in.
* On Sunday 30 April, the South Down U-12 Eire Og squad hosted Saval in Glasdrumman and came away with a great win by two points; Eire Og 3-05 vs. 2-06 Saval. The lads next outing appears to away to Tullylish on 14th May @ 14:00.
* On Sunday morning, the U-14 girls travelled to Bryansford and were met with very strong opposition. Both defences were on top of their game but our lively forwards and midfielders slowly started to notch up a few scores to go in at half time leading 3-02 to 0-02 points. Bryansford came back with four quick points in succession, but the whites dug deep and settled the team with a well taken goal followed by a great penalty save. A fantastic team performance; Ballymartin 5-04 vs. 0-07 Bryansford. Training continues at Pat's Road each Thursday at 6.15pm.
* Lotto Numbers for Sunday 30 April 2017 were; 05, 12, 25, 34. There was NO £10,400 jackpot winner. There were THREE lucky tickets to match 3 numbers: James H Cunningham, Gizzy & Elizabeth Cassidy - If you’re NOT in, you CAN’T WIN. Tickets are available for next week’s Lotto draw@ £10,500- from various local sellers and outlets including; Raffertys Garage, Dunnaman Shop, Cunningham’s Butcher, Molly's Bar, Linda's Shop, First & Last and The Ballymartin Inn. If anyone can spare one Sunday Evening a month to help check tickets, the club would be very grateful. If you would like to put your name forward for the Lotto Rota, please give your name to Marie McKibben on 07802344253.
* This Sunday 7 May Lotto Rota Team Leader Maire McKibbin; Jarlath McKibbin, Darren O’Hanlon, Mary McCartan, Conor Cunningham, Seamus Cunningham, Colin Quinn & H.N Quinn.